Builds & Deconstructs
Very important general information on volunteering with HFHSCA:
- Please sign up as a volunteer on our website before you come to help. Go to our How to Give Help tab to get a Volunteer Application. You can fill it out on-line, or print it out and send it in via “snail mail”. Please fill it out completely! Then we’ll be ready for you.
- When you come to the worksite, you will have to sign a waiver before working. Please do this legibly. Children under 16 are NOT allowed on the worksite. Children 16 – 17 years old must have a parent or guardian sign a waiver for them before being allowed to work. They are NOT allowed to work with power tools.
- Wear appropriate clothes to the worksite. Heavy shoes or boots are needed, and comfortable but appropriate clothing.
- Our work days begin at 8 a.m. and go until 4 p.m. – but we understand that some people can only help for a half day. Because we give our Safety talk at the beginning of the day, it is most helpful that you come promptly at 8 a.m.
- Before coming to volunteer, please check out the Build calendar for the project you want to help with. Once at that calendar, click on the day and you’ll see what work is scheduled, and how many people are needed for that work day. This is also where we post cancellations or changes. If you have registered with us to come work, you will have priority in the event that we have too many volunteers show up on a certain day. Call our Baraboo office at 608-448-2888 if you have questions, plan to bring a big group, or want to register. We appreciate your offer to help us, and want to help make your volunteer experience a good one!